Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Memories


Bathroom is our museum for musings,
What is learnt here is hardly forgotten,
Our durable lessons on Toilet Training,
First sharp session with a safety razor,
Place to rewrite our own daily history,
Or whitewash; tuning to color of times,
Meditative space before the peak hour,
Where artefacts of the mind and body,
Recalls the heritage tour from I to We,
Across tiled lies above cementing truth.

Warm water splashing, I take a glance,
Day’s stubble reversing my times past,
Cutting clean, don't seem like memoirs,
But return daily like chased senile men,
Those that ran behind on days at beach,
Making tattoo of my name on her arm,
When I asked to be a mole on her face.
She left, when her tattoo perhaps faded,
While mole on my face lives on, steady,
Unblinking, even as silver of mirror pale.

(2012)